I’ve just send a new release of Empires II to Apple. This release corrects a few crashes, specially for iOS 7 & 8.
After a break of almost 2 years to take care of my children, I’m now back to Empires developpement. So, there will be several releases in the next months.
Feel free to post if you have any idea to improve the games.
While reading customer reviews I discovered that some players encountered crash in the tutorial.
This bug appears with the small map with Russian empire.
To avoid this bug start a new game with another empire to finish once. You could then resume the previous game.
I have sent an update to Apple today to fix this bug.
All my apologies for this inconvenience.
After 2 years of hard work, Empires II developement is finished. It has been approved this night by Apple.
I’m releasing Empires II for Canada today (July 30th). https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/empires-ii-what-would-you/id497729218?l=fr&mt=8
The August 8th, I will release it for all countries.
I’m still working on the V2. The coding part is finished. I’m now playing a lot with some friends to find the most bugs as possible, specially for game center parties.
The last step after the tests is to write help and tutorial before releasing the game on AppStore.
I still can’t give an official release date, because it depends on tests. As long as I discover bug, I won’t release it. I hope to be ready for christmas, but I can’t promise.
The main new points of V2 are :
- a new map with 160 countries
- multi maps engine. I will add a second map one or two month after releasing V2 on appStore
- iPad, iphone 4 and iphone 5 retina graphics
- Turn Base Game Center Asynchronous party (In other words, you can play with your friends over internet even if you’re not connected in the same time)
- you can stop and resume later wifi/bluetooth parties
- multi parties support. You can play more than one party
- Pass & Play (you can play with friends with only 1 device)
- Cooperative Mode for multiplayers parties. (All players play together vs the AI) or Deadmatch (The winner is the last alive)
- A smarter AI, specially at the very hard level.
And here is a snapshot from the current beta :
Edit 01/10/13 : I’m in the final stage. All the tests are good. Now I’m writing help, tutorial, contextual advice system and polishing some iPad design stuffs. It’s still hard to give a release date, but it will be most probably between february or march.
I will also start a short and very limited (about 20 or 30 players max) open beta in 2 weeks. I will give you more details on this asap.
If your experiments difficulties here are my advices :
- Do not attack other empires at the beginning of the game. You should attack only neutral countries (in gray on the map) until 1804. If an AI attacks you before 1804, it’s only because you attacked it first.
- Except japan (that is reserved for experimented players) all empires have the same power. But to win, each empire requires a specific strategy (focus on islands, conquer a region, dominate the sea by eliminating other players fleet, conquer quickly capitals …).
- You should start at the lowest level of difficulty, because :
- AI players will have to pay more for armies and ships. Consequently, they’ll have less armies and ships.
- Most of ‘smart’ algorithms are deactivated
- Only one AI at a time can attack you
- Take care of countries incomes. Some countries worth much more than others. Focusing on high value countries at the beginning will give you quickly much more armies and ships
I’ve just submitted a new release (1.4) that correct the Game Center Leaderboard display problem. Only the lowest scores were visible. It will probably be available before the end of the week on the App Store.
Thank you to TMG (US App Store review) for the info.
I also corrected “England” by “Britain” :$
I’m still working hard on the second version of Empires.
Here are some of the new stuffs that I have implemented in the v2 :
- You can now stop local network party (wifi/bluetooth) and resume the game later
- Each party has its own backup. So you can have multiple parties instead of only one in v1
- 2 new type of party :
- pass & play : to play with your friends on the same device
- turn based (Game Center) : to play with your friends (or other peoples) over internet
- the first restrict buying armies and ships in the starting capital. So reinforcement is more subtile
- the second one prevent to display armies and ships on other players countries. So spy is more important
- A brand new design (improved for retina and ipad)
And lot of other stuffs…